Welcome to EPO. We’re all about helping others find ways to earn actual money online.
Whether that be through online employment or building and managing your own long-term online business.
We can help.
If I were looking for work from home companies hiring now, here’s where I would first look.
Work From Home Companies Hiring Now
A few weeks ago, we shared some of the best online jobs we could gather for students.
These included both full-time and part-time positions, many of them are entry-level positions which are more attainable for college or even high school students.
We also recently put together a list of places to find data entry jobs.
When searching for remote positions, here’s where and how to get started.
Best Places To Find Work From Home Jobs
First up is a website known as FlexJobs.
FlexJobs has the ‘biggest’ available listing of remote jobs that I’ve seen.
Unlike other job search sites, FlexJobs researches each company and organization listed on their website so you don’t have to worry about hiring on with fraudulent companies or individuals who may not pay.
With FlexJobs, you can filter remote, freelance, part-time, and even flexible schedule positions during your job search.
What also makes FlexJobs different from other job search engines is the fact that they charge about $15/mo for membership whereas the majority of the others are free.
For some, the peace of mind offered when using FlexJobs to find a job is worth the fee. Others may have no desire to pay a monthly fee during the ‘job hunt’ which is completely understandable.
Finding work from home positions using ZipRecruiter is as simple as visiting the website, and entering your location along with the keywords “Work from home” or “remote”.
Like FlexJobs you will come across many options. Unlike FlexJobs, these job postings aren’t always researched and you may encounter some shoddy openings.
It’s unfortunate but not uncommon to come across scams while searching for jobs online. Luckily, we have the perfect counter for that.
Above are two of the best places to search and find work from home companies hiring now.
If you are actively looking for a job from home, give either a try. You never know which jobs may be hiring today.
Another website worth mentioning, one which I recently discovered myself, is AngelList.
AngelList features job openings posted by startup companies.
You can browse the many startups, most of which offer remote positions, allow you to connect directly with the founder(s) beforehand, offer fair pay (a percentage of the company in some cases), and more.
Tips For Getting Hired From Home
Finding work from home, much like finding a ‘traditional’ job, can be quite the challenge.
Here are a few tips to help ensure you find the most suitable job from home for you:
- Always do your homework before applying to new jobs so that you know the position. (Employer research will help you identify skills and competencies need for a particular job. In turn, you can tailor your application so that it stands out based on your research).
- Make sure job description aligns with your skillset
- Make sure job hours align with your ideal hours
- Be sure to properly complete and have an up-to-date job application
- Anticipate/Practice interview questions prior to the interview
- Look among your own personal network. Ask how they got hired for at home position if applicable.
- Work with a Career Coach. (This can enhance your chances of finding timely employment along with the most suitable job for you. Places like FlexJobs offer Career Coaches which is separate from their regular service).
- Don’t be discouraged if you’re not selected
Finding legitimate work from home should be more than just looking for the highest paying job available.
That is unless you are only interested in earning the max possible, which is completely fine.
Things to consider are a healthy work/life balance during your search. Which positions would be most satisfying to you? Which hours would you like to work? Are you looking for full-time or part-time work?
These are just a few things to consider during your search.
Benefits Of Working From Home
I’ve been working from home since 2015. In fact, running this website helped me to accomplish full-time status and income.
I share more about my online journey here.
A handful of benefits working from home has brought me are:
- More time/involvement with family
- No missing out on school/sporting activities
- Daycare or other childcare options have become optional
- Pressure off of your partner as you can pick the kids up from school or other activities
- In case of emergency or illness, there to immediately attend to the child
Rather than having a job, I am able to work from home by managing my own websites, like this one.
The reason I am sharing this is that I want you to know that you have options. Starting an online business is NOT the same as having an online job.
While neither have any guarantees; running your own business can be a slow-grind with great payout potential. While having a job can provide steady pay.
The key to succeeding in online business is to get your hands on some great training and dedicating yourself to your business. That’s it!
There you have it. Using the advice and recommendations shared above, I am positive your search and chances for successfully finding work from home companies hiring now are greatly increased.
Or at least slightly.
What are some of your favorite sites when browsing for work from home jobs? Feel free to let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.