What Is Ebates About

what is ebates about

What is Ebates About

Is EBates.com WORTH your time? What is Ebates even ABOUT?

Ebates.com is a cashback reward website that allows it’s members to earn a percentage back on their purchases while shopping online.

It is free to use and has a massive 1,800 stores they affiliate with online, and by being a member with EBates, you get deals through coupons and promo codes which credit to your cashback.

what is ebates about

The exciting part is that you too can start an online business of your own. Based on the same practice that EBates.com was built on and uses. Don’t believe me see for yourself here.

How Does Ebates Work

If you have any question whether EBates is a scam, it is not. And good for you for doing your research before using a service or product new to you. Signing up is free. Once a member there you may shop online(as many of us do anyway) at stores they are affiliated with.

This includes Nike, Hanes, Walmart, Macy’s, and many many more to choose from. You may shop by store or by category. Just about anything you would be looking to buy online, I guarantee you can find it using Ebates.com

Just a quick illustration at some of EBates featured stores and deals.(Subject to change)

what is ebates about

Here’s the exciting part on how it works. Ebates.com is a major affiliate company, who get a commission when you shop through them. In other words, they get paid a percentage for referring you to these different stores.  So when you make a purchase on something you may have been online looking to buy anyway, they receive a cut and so do you just for being a member.

There is no further work on your part other than to shop for what you want when you want. Here is the whole idea of EBates.com in three steps:

1. Shop normally at your favorite stores through EBates
  2. Earn cashback on your purchases
  3. Receive your payment

So why does EBates.com even exist? Money of course! They get a cut, as well as you when you buy online using your EBates account and their coupons and promo codes. It’s all free to use, simply buy what you are looking for and get paid for it.

They also offer a Cash Back Button, which is a neat ‘gadget’. The Cash Back Button is a browser extension that simply alerts shoppers when cashback is available or when cashback has been activated at participating stores websites. Download this feature and never miss a deal when shopping online as an EBates member.

How Does EBates Pay Me

You have the option of receiving payment through a paypal account,  or receive a “Big Fat Check”. Big fat check is just a check you will receive at your given address or p.o. box. EBates pays its members quarterly, so if you shop online often, you can really see the money pile up. EBates offers you coupons helping you save, compiles your savings, then hands it over to you in the form of a check or money transfer.

what is ebates about

Another great way you can earn money through EBates is by referring a friend. “Refer a friend”, so does this work? Yes. But in order for it to work those you refer have to be new to EBates and have to make at least one purchase of $25 or greater for you to be credited.

Also to ensure credit you will be responsible for sending them your tracking link, which is simple to do. Copy your tracking link which is provided through EBates, send it via text message, e-mail, or share on social media.

So if you know anyone who likes shopping, and enjoys saving money, be sure to shoot them an email with your tracking link.

You gain free money while you are shopping online through EBates, it’s what I call a win-win. So for those who enjoy great deals while shopping, be sure to try EBates.com

Need Extra Shopping Money?

Now Ebates has a wonderful concept and all don’t get me wrong. But you are pretty much just having your discounts summed up in front of you. Make sense?what is ebates about

Let me try again, when you go shopping in person at a store you see discounts and savings all the time. It’s printed on your receipt, you may look at it and think to yourself “nice”; and soon forget and continue with your day.

The concept of EBates is the exact same thing, but instead you will receive those discounts and savings into your EBates account, they’re doing the math for you and it can make shopping exciting. That was a little better 🙂

You can earn a little while shopping with EBates which is nice. But if you really want to see some income online, allow me to show you.

Starting Your First Real Business

Interested in making extra money to do more shopping? I’ve got you covered here as well. You can earn money right from the comfort of your home using the internet. No more window shopping, make the money you need to pay bills, catch up on debt, and yes, extra money for shopping.

[Related Article: How To Build A Business At Home]

what is ebates about

It is free to sign-up and use, so keep your credit cards where they are. Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to:

1. Create a website based on any interest
  2. Attract Visitors
  3. Earn Revenue

Now it does take time, effort, and focus in order to achieve success online, but it can be done believe me. There are no shortcuts when wanting to succeed at anything you do.

Wealthy Affiliate will take you through easy to follow training courses, give you 2 websites, access to other members who will assist you, and get you started on creating your own online business.

What you will acquire for free as soon as you join:

1. Step-by-step training
  2. Online video tutorials
  3. 1-on-1 & Live support
  4. Your own free websites

See the video below to learn exactly how the process works:
what is ebates about

That’s right, Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to create a profitable website, and how to build your own online business. You will learn how to build a strong foundation for your website, how to attract visitors, and how to make money selling products you don’t even own!

It’s the same concept EBates.com was built upon. And many people are making full-time income and working from home using this method. Learn how to now.

I’ll  Be There To Greet You, Personally

I’m not in the scamming people out of their money business. I get paid online simply by helping others, and will gladly show you how to as well.

If looking for a little extra shopping money give it a try. Or if you are looking for full-time income working from home that can be achieved too using Wealthy Affiliate. Who knows where your online business will take you!

If you found this information regard what is Ebates about, be sure to share with your friends. Any questions or comments feel free to drop one below.

Learn More About Wealthy Affiliate Now

• Chris says:

I have to be honest – I’m not really all that a big fan of these cashback based earning sites online.
    I always feel that is seems like too much bother to keep track of everything going on – would much rather just pop down the supermarket quickly and go from there!
    But the system here you’ve covered doesn’t really sound like a scam so I can see a few people going for it!

• mm Jason says:

Definitely, countless people shop online looking for who knows what. Ebates is not a new system when it comes to coupons or offering promo codes. But it is unique because people can actually see how much they are saving while shopping, and have it sent to them in a form of a check or paypal. Personally I take the time to record each transaction and how much I can expect back using excel, just the way I am. Why not save while shopping? Guess it depends on who you are asking. Thanks for commenting.

• Joshua says:

You have a splendid idea on setting up EBates as shoppers get back a certain percentage of their cashback on the items they purchased.

This is great because if I go to a store in a mall, I am not entitled for any rebates. Usually what I get is vouchers/coupons that require me to go back to their shop (which is their marketing strategy) and shop for even more items.

With your system, shoppers can see the best value for their money.

Hey Thank you for commenting,

Yes with ebates system you can explore many options and find the best deal for you. Let’s say Walmart has a laptop for sale for $500 with 2.0% cashback. Meanwhile HP.com has that same laptop listed at $500 with 6% cashback, and these two have same warranty and everything. The clear cut choice is to go with HP.com. These are the types of deals found all over using Ebates.com

• Lee says:

Phew, what a relief.

My partner told me last night that she had found a way to ‘get paid’ whilst she shopped online by a company called Ebates.

I was convinced she had fallen into some kind of online scam so I though I’d do a bit of research and found your review.

I’m glad to see she hasn’t but at the same time I can’t see it ever paying the bills.

You mention that to make money online, you should create a website based around an interest. Can I just ask how I would go about making money from such a website?

Sure.

By the same concept EBates.com was built on. Affiliate marketing! Don’t let this intimidate you, it’s an easy and rewarding process that you too can start today.

Allow me to explain what affiliate marketing is.

Let’s say you are standing in line at the grocery store waiting to checkout, and someone also in line maybe notices a new watch you are wearing. They even compliment the watch and ask where you purchased it from. It’s your favorite watch and you got a nice deal on it, so you inform him of that and where you purchased it. The same person then goes to that store and purchases that very watch based on your recommendation. Great! Except with affiliate marketing you will be paid a commission or percentage based on your recommendation.

So you will create a website doing exactly just that. It’s really an exciting process. Be sure to click the link above to learn more, and I will see you there.

• Cymone says:

Wow so this is the second time I’ve run into a post about Ebates, I think I will check it out. Even if it only gives back a small amount, that is better than nothing if I was going to shop anyways. Great post! How exactly does the refer-a-friend program work? Do you see enough cash back for it to actually be worth consciously shopping through Ebates every time you shop online?

• mm Jason says:

Hello and thanks for commenting,

Even as you pointed out, it is better recieving a small amount over nothing shopping using EBates. You can see the money begin to pile up. Think about how much shopping is done around christmas time for example. As far as referring people, yes it could add up as well. Just like you said, this is your second time seeing a post on it, now your interested in checking it out. If you shoot an email/text to a friend, maybe they have seen a commercial or heard of EBates before, but by you sending it to them maybe a ‘reminder’ for them. And make them want to check it out as well.

• Chris says:

Hey Jason,
    That’s a lot of great information. This sounds kinda like taking surveys. You end up spending a lot of time researching the best price while you could have used your online time for something with a greater return for your time.
    You mention towards the end of the article, that you can create a website for free. How would that work for someone like me, that has no knowledge of websites?
    Sounds interesting,
    Chris

• mm Jason says:

Wealthy Affiliate can be the perfect place for you. I had no prior experience or knowledge on websites as well before giving WA a try. I was very skeptical, did my research, and happy I decided to give it a try. Wealthy Affiliate flat out works if you apply yourself. The way it works is you can sign up free at WA by clicking the ‘Start My Free Wealthy Affiliate Account’ above. From their all you need is to enter your name, e-mail, username of your choice, and a password. From there you will have 2 free websites, along with unique and easy to understand training on how to properly set up a website. The goal is to get this website to start earning you revenue, which it can and will if you put effort into your website.

Again, I started not too long ago with no prior experience. I have learned a lot, and still have much more to learn. But Wealthy Affiliate works. See for yourself by signing up, I will be there to personally assist however I can. Thanks for the comment and see you there.

• Frank says:

hi jason, this almost sounds a little too good to be true! I’ve heard of other similar services and sort of wrote them off because I thought there was a catch that I just wasn’t willing to invest any time into figuring out what it was. Thanks for the article

• Stephen says:

Hi JHeard,

Great post on EBATES. I have always wondered whether EBATES was legitimate. Thanks for your review. Your site layout is very simple and easy to understand. I have bookmarked your site so I can reference back for more info. Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Hey Stephen,

Yes visit often for more reviews and interesting articles!

As far as EBates they are a legit cash back program, pretty fun shopping with them as well. Thanks for commenting

• ulysses2015 says:

Good blog. It was well sequenced and easy to follow. You pointed out the reason why one should get paid for something they already do.

• Emmanuel says:

Hi Jason, I think Ebates is trying to bribe me to buy something online through their links. Never mind my expression. But I think it is a brilliant idea to cashbbacks for what you purchase. Do they have any automobile dealers to link to? I think such a cash back from an automobile will be huge I could refer a family member or a friend.

• mm Jason says:

I’m not 100% sure, buy my guess will be no. I know they are affiliated with certain auto parts and services stores. But no dealerships. Good question.

• Marcus says:

I’d never heard of ebates before, but I have heard of this kind of thing before. It looks like a good way to save money when shopping online. However, it doesn’t look like a way to actually make a lot of money.

I would like to turn this around and suggest that the people who are getting the most of out this is whoever owns ebates. So it would be interesting to see how much money you could make by making your own ebates style website. I wonder how easy it would be to make a website like this using WordPress. There must be some kind of plugin or code you could use to make it function like that.

Hey Marcus,

Check out my article page on ‘How To Create A Website In A Minute Or Less’ located in the menu on this website.

That’s the answer to your question. Create a free website and you too can start your very own online business. It takes time and effort but is completely worth it. I will be there to personally help you get started and help with any questions you may have. The site is legit, I do not involve myself with scams. And pride myself with being honest. Thanks for commenting and hope to see you there!

• Gary says:

I had never heard of ebates dot com before reading your post. It looks like a valuable site to bookmark.

Starting my own store and doing something similar does sound interesting too. It would be a lot of work but it could be fun as well.

Gary
    share-a-like dot com

• Lyn says:

This sounds like the kind of thing that could really help out families and the elderly.
    My mom is always clipping coupon or looking for deals. I’m going to email her your website. I appreciate all the hard work you’ve put into this to ensure that no one will get caught up in any kind of scam. Thanks so much.

You are very welcome,

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my website and leave a comment.

It can be beneficial using rewards programs such as EBates. Especially if your an avid online shopper.

• Jeff Smith says:

Hi great information on ebates! I had no idea how it worked I will certainly be checking them out next time I do a little shopping online. I also like how you show some other ways to make money online. It definitely gets me thinking outside the box when it comes to making money online through other affiliate programs. Thanks for the great article!

• Dave Sweney says:

Nice segway from Ebates, which is an interesting concept, to the Wealthy Affiliates site…Because I was distracted for a second by a neighbor popping in, I missed the transition and was confuded at first.

After reading the paragrpah I missed (teh segway) I understood…So would you recommend the Wealthy Affiliate site over the ebate site or using both?

I like the Wealthy Affiliate site, but also could see where the ebate site could provide some savings for my shopping plus make money when my referrals buy…

Thanks for any advice you can give! Cheers!

• mm Jason says:

I use Ebates while shopping online. While I use Wealthy Affiliate daily to help me earn money so that I may shop online.

I would recommend Wealthy Affiliate to anyone looking to earn online over any website i’ve come across thus far.

• Steve says:

I have been seeing television commercials for ebates for several months now. I haven’t gotten around to checking out their site yet but I suspected I knew how it worked.

Your article just confirmed for me that it is in fact exactly what I thought it was. They are just affiliate marketers who had a nice website built and have a large advertising budget.

Just about anyone can learn to do what they’re doing. It may be on a smaller scale but you can learn to drive traffic to a website without spending a fortune on advertising.

All you really need are the right tools and training and anyone can start selling just about anything online.

Hey Steve,

You are exactly right. Two guys in California started Ebates.com many years ago. It’s a very popular site due to the time and work they put in, also advertising. But you can bet they are beyond rich. The exciting part of it all is that anyone can do what they are doing.

Maybe on a smaller scale, but you never know how far your online business will take you.

Thanks for commenting.

• Mark Walush says:

I have never tried EBates before, but may have to look into it after reading this! They seem to be the gold standard in affiliate marketing, and what I am striving for myself in starting my own business. I may have to look into promoting EBates. Do you shop using the EBates store? Are there any downsides you see?

Hello Mark,

You too can earn money online, in a similar fashion to EBates. What you may do is:

1)Have your own website
      2)Select a topic or interest you can publicize on your website
      3)Offer product or services related to that interest on your website
      4)Get the training and help needed

Any topic or interest really should suffice as there are people interested and looking for anything online. You can offer products and services through affiliate programs such as Amazon, and it is free to present on your website. If someone clicks on your affiliate links, that you present on your website and goes on to buy a product or service, you then get a percentage. Some cases people can sign up for a service through your website, and you still get a percent. As far as the training you need, select the review on Wealthy Affiliate I left above. You will learn how to attract visitors, generate revenue, how to start your website, and more for free as a starter member.

Yes I do shop using EBates, it’s nice gaining money back, but you have to do a lot of shopping to see some real numbers in return. Only downside is that it is not as rewarding as owning your own website and gaining actual income that way 🙂

Hope this was helpful and thank you for commenting.

• Shivaram says:

I read your article about Ebates. First of all, I should say that the website ebates is pretty new to me. The Internet is growing very rapidly and your contribution in offering a great insight is very valuable. Isn’t Ebates an ecommerce shopping website? One thing I need to understand is how does WA go in comparision to Ebates?

• mm Jason says:

Thank you, and Yes the internet will continue to grow 🙂

I don’t believe EBates is a ecommerce shopping website. EBates “advertises” products and services through popular retailers or affiliate programs, and when someone selects on their affiliate link they provide on their site and is redirected to, let’s say Walmart.com and makes a purchase. EBates gets credit for referring the purchaser to Walmart and therefor receives a commission.

Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to do exactly this. How to create a profitable website using affiliate links on your website. It is very common and effective online. And many people have quit their job due to the success gained using Wealthy Affiliate as their place to learn and gain knowledge.

You “sell” real products or services to real customers, receive real money, and never have to ship a single item. It’s awesome.

E commerce shopping websites are a little different. It’s like an online store that keeps inventory, provides tools that can keep track of purchases and peoples credit card when used. Stuff like that.

What EBates does, and Wealthy Affiliate teaches you doesn’t require any of that Jazz.

Oh, and Wealthy Affiliate is free with a starter account, be sure to try it out, I’ll be there to help where I can. Enjoy!

• richard says:

I have heard of ebates before but I thought it was a scam when I first saw it. Thanks for the information because i was kinda bias on it without actually trying it as well. Making money at home is sweet because it where you are most comfortable and sometimes the best place to get encouragement. Of course you can get lazy too, but hey you have a chance to earn money. Thanks for the tip about ebates.
    Just one question, how much does ebates give back when you make a purchase?

• mm Jason says:

Lol I like what you said,

You are most comfortable at home, and you could easily fall into a lazy pattern. But if you are determined to make it work, and stick with it, you have the freedom to be your own boss.

To answer your question it depends on which store you are shopping with while on EBates. For example, Old Navy right now today 4.0% cash back. So a $100 purchase online will give you $4.00 back, assuming they have no other deals going on. The cash back percentages are always changing for different stores.

• Stephen says:

Hi Jheard,

Great post on EBATES. I find your post very informative and helpful (because I started using EBATES myself.) I took the liberty to read other posts on your site and find it very interesting. I have bookmarked your site to refer back to for future cases. I wish you the best in your future endeavors in online marketing.

Cheers,
    Stephen

• HolisticJB says:

Great post,
    I’ve never heard of ebates before, but I’ll definitely check it out. Seems a pretty good idea and who doesn’t want to save some money when they shop?

I’m a member of a couple cash back sites and love that little surprise when some money comes back.

Thanks for introducing us to another great cash saving idea.

Nice one

• mm Jason says:

Hello and thanks for leaving a comment.

No problem at all. I hope you find the deals you are looking for using EBates. I’m interested to know, what are some of these other cash back sites you use?

• Sean says:

Very clean website, I found it clear and concise, easy to navigate, and very relevant.
    I’ve not heard of cash back sites before, but I’m new to internet marketing.
    I would love to know if your website is getting traffic and generating revenue.
    Great job, hoping you have continued success.

Hey Sean and Thank You,

I am “newer” to internet marketing as well.

Yes my website is gaining traffic, and yes I am generating revenue.

As I said I am newer, so I still have a lot to learn, which means more earning potential and traffic is only around the corner. If you follow the link above you will be introduced to a platform where I have learned just about everything I know about receiving traffic and income online. No gimmicks, no tricks, just good old fashioned honest training. I put in a lot of time and effort, because as mentioned, this is my very own online business. I treat it that way and not as a job, and the results in my short-lived business this far has been amazing.

I wish you success as well. Enjoy!

• Esteban says:

Hey,

Pretty clever system. I mean it’s not like you can make huge amounts of money on there if you’re only using the site to go shopping 😛
    But at least you can go shopping with discounts. I will definitely look into it next time I’m planning on buying some new clothes for example.
    Pretty nice review by the way. It was really enjoyable to read!
    Thanks,
    Esteban

• john Waldie says:

Hi Jason. I really like your site! your information is very well put so to speak. You definitely have a gift of speech. Of course you did play right into my area of interest, and you mention Wealthy Affiliate which I am currently enrolled with. Your site is easy to get around and its very to the point and honest. Like I said at first…I like it!!!!

• G.C.Horton says:

I’ve never heard of Ebates before. Thanks for explaining it so well.

I also like that you mentioned Wealthy Affiliate. That’s the best kept secret on the internet. It’s the real deal but most people haven’t heard of it. You can’t beat free to try it out.

If someone is ready to stop chasing pie-in-the-sky get-rich-quick schemes and ready to build a real honest-to-goodness business online, Wealthy Affiliate is the ticket.

• Chris says:

I’ve encountered these sites many times before and in most cases they are not scams at all. What they do offer though is the opportunity to earn money by spending money – not my type of thing! There are thousands of online opportunities to earn for free and I much rather stick to them! Great review though!

• Seviedean says:

Hi there 🙂 this was a good read 🙂 there is nothing quite like finding a bargain but it’s something altogether more wonderful to be able to get cash back for your shopping…what a wonderful concept! I will most certainly be checking this out…thanks so much for your very helpful review of EBates

• Alex says:

Nice review!
    I recently joined Wealthy Affiliate and I like it a lot! There is so much to learn and such a supportive community. I found out about Wealthy Affiliate after reading the 4HWW and doing some research online.
    Have you found any other online communities/courses that you like?
    -Alex

• mm Jason says:

Yes Wealthy Affiliate is the real deal! I have to give full-credit to that community for all I know in regards to online marketing and owning profitable websites. A truly great experience.

I have come across 2 other interesting courses that seemed legit. I plan on doing a full review for these sites soon, so be sure to visit often.

Thanks for taking time to comment Alex, enjoy.

• rufat says:

I’ve never heard about Ebates. Very interesting and appealing. It sounds great, why not buy from Ebates if you can earn money while purchasing something? And as I can see, there is money to be made here. The only thing you need is find a proper training on how to start your online business and profit from it. I think the potential of Ebates program is huge and it’s well worth the time and effort. Thank you for the info. BTW, how much does Ebates pay?

Hello rufat

Ebates is a cash back reward program, they do not necessarily pay you. You receive cash back when you spend. How much you receive depends on the product you are purchasing, and which store you choose to purchase from.

As far as starting your own online business, you can visit My #1 Recommendation for the best training available to you online. Excellent for people without much experience as well.

Thanks for commenting rufat, Enjoy!

• Kush1000 says:

Hey! Great post you have created here.
    Very nice to read through and easily understandable. Many things I didn’t know
    about this topic. I will definitely come back to this site.
    I’m sure many people will find this article useful and interesting as I did.
    Thanks for sharing this and have a great day!
    Cheers and good luck

• Neil says:

I have heard a lot about cash reward websites, and I know that people can earn some great rewards 🙂

Ebates sounds like a great platform to earn some rewards from, and I like how it’s affiliated with some popular stores.

Coming up to Christmas, I could certainly do with a little extra cash on the side of my job, so Ebates sounds ideal.

Wealthy Affiliate sounds very intriguing indeed, too!

Neil

• mm Jason says:

Hey Neil, Wealthy Affiliate is indeed intriguing lol.

I mention Wealthy Affiliate in this article because it gives people a chance to learn how to earn real money online using the SAME idea Ebates.com has made millions and millions. This is done through affiliate marketing.

You mentioned popular stores, well let’s look at well-known Foot Locker for example. You can become an affiliate with Foot Locker and advertise any of there products (shoes and more) on a website and gain commission when people visit and make a purchase. They take care of all the purchasing information you just lead them to the Foot Locker website.

This is precisely what Ebates.com does, and they make bank!

You will learn how to attract visitors, build a website, generate revenue and much much more at Wealthy Affiliate.

Definitely worth looking into Neil, and I hope to see you there.

• Geneva says:

I do love Ebates! Living in a small country town, with the nearest almost 30 miles away, online shopping has definitely made life easier. Ebates just happens to be the icing on the cake! It’s nice to get a great deals on my purchases; and they have so many stores they work with! It’s a win-win situation! 😉

• mm Jason says:

I have lived in a small town myself years ago, forgot what having the nearest mall be 50+ miles away was like! I’d have to agree, there are some decent deals while shopping on Ebates, and no complaints in receiving a little something back.

Thanks for sharing Geneva.

• Alblue says:

Hi There, Ebates seems a nice and legit ecommerce platform to shop online 🙂 The cashback feature seems awesome. Maybe I will try ahead and see the offers myself.

Also, a good connection with WA review. I think this can be really done. Building an online business is always my inner desire. I hope I can build something like Ebates too with WA.

• mm Jason says:

Without question it can be done. EBates was built by two co-workers(from an unrelated company) who obviously started from scratch at one point themselves. Their business now has grown in to what it is due to large advertisement. You’ve seen the commercials and ads online. Which does cost money, but hey, got to spend money to make money.

I believe anyone, who really wants to enjoy a life of freedom and working for yourself, can achieve success online. It takes work!

Thanks for sharing Alblue

• Carlton Gonder says:

From what I have read so far from your site about Ebates its so much better than a credit card with points and cash rewards. Now I know what I will be doing when making my online purchases from now on. Thank you for all this great information.

Yours Truly,

Carlton

• Ehab says:

Hello jason,

That’s a great article and very informative, never heard about E bates & i found the idea is so logic, may be i will check this later if i got time, and regarding wealthy affiliate as a member in WA i can say it’s very helpful community & i learned from it so much.

Thanks for sharing.

Ehab

Definitely Ehab,

Wealthy Affiliate is a great community, more importantly, it can guide you in a direction where you can make a better life, build a business at home, have more time for loved ones, and experience financial freedom. You can build your own Ebates.com!

Thanks for commenting Ehab

• Xin Zhang says:

Hello Jason,

I had not heard of EBates before your post, so thank you for posting this article. The concept sounds good and they really seem to have a lot of stores. Too bad I didn’t sign up before making all those online purchase over the Black Friday weekend!

Do you know if you go to the “normal” store website when you go through Ebates? I seem to remember years ago looking at something similar but the sales weren’t as good or the stores best deals were excluded. So, I was curious as to your experience with EBates. Please let me know your experience and thanks again for this information.

Sincerely,

Xin

Hey Xin,

I try to avoid the whole Black Friday scene for obvious reasons lol.

As far as the whole EBates experience I have had some satisfying purchases, but keep in mind I haven’t made ‘much’ using EBates as I do not do a lot of shopping. Maybe a little less than average.

When you are signed into EBates, you can shop by department which brings up deals and categories you may be interested in or you can directly search a store in their search bar located towards the top on the website.

Choose your store or category and from there you can select any promotion/coupons/savings (just one usually) that are available for that particular store.

You are correct, after selecting any ‘deal’ you will then be referred to the store of your choosing to kind of ‘shop as normal’ with your deal in place.

As mentioned my experience and savings with EBates have been satisfying, my last purchase was this very laptop I am using to respond to you 🙂

Thanks for commenting Xin

• Riaz Shah says:

Hey Jason,
    I’ve heard about ebates from a few people but I never bothered to look for whether or not it is worth my time. I thought its one of those fake promising products again.

But after reading your article, I feel like signing up already. I do most of my shopping online, sometimes up to a thousand in a single purchase. so glad I came across this article, Merry Christmas!

• mm Jason says:

Merry Christmas to you too, hope it was a good one.

EBates is legit, in my opinion they have some pretty decent offers to take advantage of too, not to mention, it’s free to join and use.

Thanks for commenting Riaz

• Pam says:

OK, I am reading a lot about how Ebates benefits the consumer. I know the the retailer shares a percent of their commission to the consumer, but I have been trying to find out what the retailers commission is for being part of Ebates.com. Any idea?

• mm Jason says:

Hey Pam that is a good question.

I don’t believe the cycle works that way, but Ebates being so large of a company I may be incorrect.

Ebates acts as an affiliate for these retailers and receives a commission for referring visitors (buyers) to their website. As I try explaining towards the end of this article, affiliate marketing is a business in where anyone can join an affiliate program (A LOT of companies have them Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon, etc) and promote most of their products for free.

In return they get a commission.

When it comes to retailer benefits, they get more exposure and consumer contact with the help of these affiliate promotions. It increases online sales as shoppers find their way to their (companies) websites online and could lead to multiple purchases.

However no commission’s are given to the retailer by EBates.

As Ebates are the ones referring business over to the retailers website.

I believe this is the case for Ebates, again I may be wrong.

Hope this helps!

• Lee says:

Hey Jason, thanks for this article. I just got home from work and my partner told me she just signed up for Ebates and said that she can earn cashback whilst shopping.

my immediate reaction was that she had signed up to some kind of scam so I jumped straight online to find out a little more about it and that’s how I found you.

m’I glad to see she hasn’t made some huge mistake. thanks again.

• mm Jason says:

Hey Lee that’s good to hear your partner is apart of EBates.

It is safe to use and there are rewards for shopping.

Take care

• Brendan says:

Great article. I’ve been looking for ways to make extra cash and eBates was on e of those on my list but after reading your article I realise that there are some other more sensible approaches like Wealthy Affiliate. I’ve looked at their website and it seems to be legit. I’ve signed up for the free trial. The tools and resources look good too!

• mm Jason says:

EBates is a nice way to earn a little cash back while shopping online.

At Wealthy Affiliate you can learn how to generate monthly income for yourself online.

Welcome aboard, by the way, be sure to get started with the first training lessons which anyone can access for free and you will be on your way.

Also if you need help at anytime, create a question for other members to see, hop into the Live Chat for immediate help, or you can even contact me on my personal profile page.

Good luck!