Is Countdown To Profits A Scam?

is countdown to profits a scam

Is Countdown To Profits A Scam?

There’s one thing I would have to AGREE on which I encountered while trying out this system, working online is one of the best career fields I have been a part of and more people are becoming aware of this.

However, it does not come as quickly and easily as Countdown To Profits suggests.

“Become your own boss overnight, only a few hours required each week, begin making a profit on the first day”…?

If only it were true.

I’ve come across plenty of “proven systems” in the past claiming to make you rich overnight and NONE has ever lived up to the hype or even produce real results.

Are things different this time around, or is Countdown To Profits a scam?

See Our #1 Recommended Service For Earning From Home!

Countdown To Profits Review

I decided not to buy the Countdown To Profits system due to many inconsistencies that I think anyone interested in giving it a GO should be aware of.

The hype around this product is that you can earn $1,000, $3,000, $5,000 massive bonuses per sale while selling a product to happy customers all over the world, according to the website.

Sounds a bit far fetched….

First off the $500 you get just for watching the video, isn’t really yours. You remember seeing the tempting offer right out the gates, don’t you?

is countdown to profits a scam

For every second you watch this video you supposedly earn $1. As it turns out, the only way to “claim” your $500 is after purchasing the system for $97 and using it for 30 days.

Like most products online, 30 days also happens to be the deadline for requesting any refunds for this product.

With the $500 incentive in mind, which I guarantee no one will actually receive the $500, Countdown To Profits owner Richard Paul is hoping people will miss out on the opportunity to request a refund leaving them stuck with this item.

Secondly the guarantees to make money.

Follow directions, get the training, and then press GO, the system will work for you making you continual residual income!

The advertising for this system implies that there’s no way you can fail using this system and even guarantees you will make loads of money.

The people responsible for Countdown To Profits really want you to believe their video and earning money online will come as simple as “a few simple mouse clicks” and will say anything to persuade you into buying their system.

When the truth can be found right on their website.

Capture.PNGasdasdd-min

is countdown to profits a scam

I found this within their Earnings Disclaimer located at the bottom of the site. And also found this on the Terms of Services page:

is countdown to profits a scam

So, while outrages guarantees are being made just for buying this particular system, I think it needs to be made clear what you can really expect after purchasing Countdown To Profits…

Note: Just about all websites have disclaimers. This is a necessary legal document, especially when expressing money making opportunities.

The truth is there are legit and honest ways to begin earning money online. How do I know? I work full-time from home from a laptop.

This did not come by chance or some magical money making system, it came after several months of hard work and learning the process as a complete beginner.

You cannot start a business or expect to actually earn money online with a “few simple mouse clicks”, as Countdown To Profits suggests.

Avoid Scams And Start Earning A Consistent Income From Home!

More Concerns With Countdown To Profits

Aside from the fact you are pretty much clueless on what it is you are paying for exactly (when it comes to the training and tasks), Richard Paul is asking you to pay a one-time tiny fee of $97 for web hosting.is countdown to profits a scam

Web hosting allows and ensures a website is “live” on the internet as well as provide website security, etc. Without good web hosting a website will experience all sorts of issues.

Though, I don’t think you’re getting web hosting here.

What about the rest of the package? So we pay for web hosting while this “foolproof” money making system is free?

I believe he is willing to say just about anything to gain a new sale.

The Countdown to Profits owner also states that this system went for $2,000 in the past and people were happily buying it.

Why would there be such a MASSIVE decrease in price for such an outstanding system when people were happily paying the initial fee? ($1903 in savings)

I’ve never met a business owner this kindhearted.

Did you catch the “testimonies” under the video on the homepage?

These comments and images were clearly forged, here’s one interesting “testimony” found on the website:

is countdown to profits a scam

is countdown to profits a scam

Same image with different names and fake testimonies. I wonder who’s responsible for this?

Lastly, I would like to address the one on one millionaire mentor offer. Richard Paul says he’s going to “give you all his websites, the training, the software, the payment processing, the advertising, and a personal millionaire mentor” – when you pay the $97 for your website hosting fee.

The whole statement is very confusing and misleading.

However, when it comes to your personal millionaire mentor you can believe someone will be in contact with you by phone.

What you should be ready for is personal questions such as:

1. How much do you earn?
  2. What are your expenses?
  3. Any debts?
  4. Etc.

This is only to gain an idea of how much money you have and for your “personal millionaire mentor” to get an idea of how much more money the Countdown To Profits company can squeeze out of you.

This is very common with scam websites like this one.

Final Recommendation

If you believe a mysterious system will “crank out” 125k every month at the push of a button, then Countdown To Profits is right for you. The whole experience brought up a whole lot of red flags and not much different than the many scams I have reviewed in the past.

We do not recommend Countdown To Profits.

For those interested in learning how to start a business online and have proper guidance every step of the way, check out Wealthy Affiliate.

Wealthy Affiliate is a learning center for building businesses and an online community filled with aspiring and successful entrepreneurs alike.is countdown to profits a scam

What To Expect Inside Of Wealthy Affiliate

• Learn to create your own websites around topics you enjoy
  • Easy to get help
  • Excellent training in the form of written lessons, video tutorials, and weekly live training
  • The training is up-to-date
  • You are able to contact the owners directly
  • A community of helpful and knowledgeable members
  • A clear path on what you need to do in order to succeed online

Get Legitimate Help. Join Wealthy Affiliate!

Again, real businesses take time to build.

Give your business as well as your own personal skills adequate time to grow and you too can create success online.

And as always, feel free to share your experiences using Countdown To Profits below.

Not only does this help others make an informed decision, but we love hearing from you 🙂

• Andrew says:

$500 just for watching the video? Yeah right! I have seen many of these kinds of so called money making systems over the years and one thing that I have learnt is to always do your research. As you have found with this product, the truth is often found right on the very website that is promoting the scam. I totally agree with you here and I for one wouldn’t trust this site or its products.

• mm Jason says:

I agree Andrew, it’s always important to do your research before buying into these products.

If not, it’s a good way to waste time and money.

There’s honest ways to make money online but this is not one of them. I hope people realize that they can do it too, it’s just going to take the proper training and hard work!

Thanks for stopping by.

• Abdul says:

Hey Jason,

I want to laugh out loud when I come across these website now a days. They make an hour long video on how I can become a millionaire overnight and buy my first Lambo in the next 24hrs. Well, I must say, a few years ago I used to watch such videos and actually believe what they say, but wasn’t stupid enough to use my CC.

Cheers,

Abdul.

• mm Jason says:

It can be tempting and I do understand why people would actually purchase such products involved around so much hype.

The people behind these scams put a lot of time and thought into what they are advertising and they are willing to say just about anything just to “close the deal”. It’s shameful really.

Even with doubts in their mind, I think people sometimes might buy into the belief that they can get rich using such products and that the internet provides easy ways to into living a “dream life”.

This is not the case.

Yes, there’s real ways to make money using ones computer, tablet, etc. But it takes actual work and there’s a learning curve if you are unfamiliar with the process of earning money online. I know first-hand however that it can be done, even as a complete noob.

Thanks for sharing Abdul.

• Paul Max says:

Hello, I want to Thank You very much for your review of Countdown To Profits. I have been getting e-mails from a Julia Davis claiming I can make money easily so after ignoring these e-mails, curiosity got the best of me so I clicked the link that came with it and it directed me to the Countdown website.

It sounded good but I wanted to know what it was all about but there was really nothing when I Googled it except for a YouTube video infomercial. Then a few days later I came to your site. Finally I can get the lowdown on this.

Thank You for saving me $97.

• mm Jason says:

Glad I could help and that you took the time to do research on this item before buying.

It’s not uncommon that I come across opportunities such as Countdown To Profits and while I know there are many legit ways to start earning money online, this “system” clearly isn’t one of them.

It’s all fluff or hype.

Thanks for commenting Paul and have a great week.

• Rayo says:

Thank you very much for your insight! Blessings to you!

• ricky says:

thanks for the insight, i knew better, but thanks for confirming.

• RONALD HARRIS says:

TRUTHFUL INFOMATION IS PRICELESS THANK YOU FOR BEING HONEST !!! AND I PRAY THERE BE MORE LIKE YOU MAY GOD ALWAYS BE WITH & WATCHING OVER YOU !!! FROM A CHRISTIAN BROTHER !!! BUT I TO DO NOT CLAIM TO BE PERFECT!!! GOD BLESS YOU TOO MEGAN CALDWELL!!! BUT WE NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT WE SUBSCRIBE TO A SUBSCRIBERS!!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TRYED IT YOURSELF!!! THEN SUBSCRIBE IT !!!

• mm Jason says:

Hey Ron thank you means a lot!

You bring up a good point as well. I like to get a clear explanation for what it is I am getting before buying something online – especially a make money “from home” program.

I have come across quite a few good ones, Countdown To Profits doesn’t fall into that category. I recently have seen the same owner (Richard Paul) promoting a completely separate program that too many people aren’t to happy about.

Be safe and keep doing your research!

• Silvia says:

Thank you for the information. I was seriously going to buy it but then I decided to do the research first before I did anything because I didn’t want to be out of my money. Because it sounded to good to be true to get $500 for watching the video and saying it was going to be free but you gotta pay the hosting fee. Would you happen to know which are the real websites that you can actually make money from?

Hey Silvia, try here.

It’s a learning center that will help you grow a business and eventually income online. You can follow the link to learn more 🙂

When it comes to Countdown to profits, you have to spend WAY more than the hosting fee to earn the “$500 guarantee”. It will cost you several thousands to qualify for as part of a 21 steps they’ve added in the “training” and these steps must be completed in the first 21 days. Some of these steps involve expensive upgrades and only then will you qualify for the not-so-significant $500.

• Zachary Meyers says:

Thank you very much for breaking down this scam and showing it for what it is and what it could be. I had my suspicions, but you really nailed it in convincing me to avoid this site.

• Nathan says:

Thanks for calling out just what i was thinking to myself.I have seen so many over the years that are just fake scams,i’ve even had to get my refund back on a few,some i never heard back from after getting our funds. The issue is becoming gloom,as to ever having an successful online business from home with all the crooks out there waiting as vulchers to take from the innocent. It seems to be an endless dream to actually have an online working from home legit business opportunity!!!!!!! SAD!!!

• mm Jason says:

I’ve been down that embarrassing road of getting scammed online. It’s embarrassing and difficult attempting to get your money back.

The good news is that there are options for actually starting a business online. You just have to avoid the BS scammers…

A few tips: Avoid anyone claiming to make you fast money, you know the “make $10,000 in 30 days” claims. Also the programs that TELL you how much you will make without SHOWING you or teaching you anything at all.

A lot of people are adjusted to the way the internet is. Meaning how fast things happen – social media is fast, chatting is fast, finding information is fast as well.

Starting a legitimate business is not. It takes time.

Speaking from personal experience it’s worth the wait!

Don’t give up on working from home, I actually created a post yesterday reviewing different approaches and business models to begin working from home and even where you can get started today, free of charge:

Have a look!

• Ali says:

WOW, unbelievable! If it weren’t for you Jason, to call them out, I would have never known that this was a scam. I had my suspicions, but you really nailed it in convincing me to avoid this site. Thank you so much and PLEASE keep up the good work with exposing scamming sites like these! 🙂

• Kelly says:

Thank you. I’m a single parent and tied of working two jobs and really would like a chance to work from home and spend time with kids. It’s nice that someone would be honest.

• mm Jason says:

My pleasure Kelly, I’m a father of two as well and know where you’re coming from.

If you’re truly interested in earning consistent income online, and not in a sleazy way, I suggest you try here.

It’s a process that requires work and patience, but one that could pay off nicely for those willing to do the work. I now work ‘full-time’ from home because of that same training.

Stay safe, good luck!

• dave carlson says:

Hello Wanted to know how i earn money what are ur duties??
    please advise thanx Dave Carlson

• mm Jason says:

Hey Dave, there’s different ways to begin earning money online.

If interested in earning regular income, I suggest you begin here.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have after reading.

• Thanks for the information. Whenever people ask for money up front, that’s when my eyebrows begin to furrow! lol.

I’m interested in working part-time and setting my own hours.

• Diane says:

Thank you for sharing this valuable info. I am on a strict budget, and having beat breast cancer, I am ready to get back on my feet…I have to have an income. What is it you do?

• mm Jason says:

Hi Diane, first off I would like to mention that you are an inspiration!

To answer your question, I am involved in affiliate marketing. It is how I make the majority of my income.

As an affiliate marketer it is your role to connect people to awesome products and services – you don’t necessarily have to do any selling, but can recommend items that you trust and believe in.

You can learn more about affiliate marketing and even other potential business start-ups by clicking here.

Have a look and see if there is anything that suits you, and if you have any other questions, please let me know 🙂

• Eric says:

Jason, How things going? Well, Jason Im 30yrs. of age I currently have not a penny to my name to start anything. Seriously NOT EVEN A PENNY. The reason why is that I’ve been out of work nearly a year from incarceration. I really need your help with becoming successful. Im at the down point of my life at 30yrs. and I have a 5yr. old daughter who really needs me. I’ve learned from my experience to put away pride and to seek people like you for help who are willing to help, which have made me so humble to let you know my situation ..
    williams_eric29@yahoo.com

• mm Jason says:

Hey Eric, I’ve sent you an email the other day and hope you were able to receive it OK.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

• Renae says:

Jason,

As others have mentioned and I will again’ I wish there were more people out there in the world like you- looking of for others’ interests when it comes to online business scams,etc.

I clicked on the link just to see, and not even 30 seconds into it I knew it was a scam, but had to watch all the way just because. I read the below reviews and scoffed at those stating they made a fortune overnight! I’m like really? And since when does hosting cost $97? What is it your selling? Lol.

I will gladly check your links out as I am unemoyed’ single mother of 3- struggling to keep my home and new car I just had to get after my jeep was wrecked before I lost my job. Now stuck with a car payment. I need something soon.

You mentioned affiliate marketing? Yes I know friends that do that’ I just haven’t figured out the website thing quite yet to get it going. Would appreciate your help/advice.

Sorry for rambling,
    Many blessings to you Jason,

Renae W.

• mm Jason says:

Thank you Renae, it really means a lot to me!

When I first got started working online, I too was unemployed after walking away from a job that I had zero desire to continue working at, after close to 5 years.

Just to be clear I didn’t seek out affiliate marketing or online business, it just sort of happened while I was on the job hunt – and boy am I glad that I did. This has become my full-time “job” and I love it.

I will like to add, starting a business from scratch takes time and effort and won’t necessarily happen “soon”.

It is best to be in a good place financially before pursuing a business of any sort. I am not doubting your abilities, just know that I have been there 🙂

If you are still interested my advice is to check out Wealthy Affiliate, it’s the same place where I got started and before spending a single cent, you can follow the training and see if it is right for you.

Feel free to send any other questions my way.

Have a great weekend!

• BB says:

for all countries?or some countries

• sotonye jumbo says:

Please, make this accessible from Nigerian I want to be part of it.
    Thanks

Hi Sotonye,

At this time you cannot create a free Starter account in Nigeria but you can open a Premium account if you like to within Wealthy Affiliate.

• Jack says:

Thanks Jason. I just recently received an email from someone with a link to countdown to profits. I was tempted to give it a try but, decided to research it first. I have made some extra money online from various sites, but it took work and the pay was just some extra cash. I have been researching affiliate marketing and it seems to me that it’s the way to go for an online business. Could you please send me some links to help me get started. I do work a full time job, which pays the bills but, I want a way to work from home and be my own boss.

• mm Jason says:

Hey Jack, Wealthy Affiliate is your best bet.

They do a good job of teaching you affiliate marketing from A to Z. A Wealthy Affiliate membership also includes everything you need to build and grow a business from scratch (such as hosting, your own websites, keyword tools, etc.) I’ve been a member there for over 18 months now and it has been life changing. A lot of work, a lot of learning but it has paid off for me and I am confident that it can help anyone achieve working from home for themselves.

If you have any questions, let me know.

• brenda says:

oh my gosh my head hurts!!

• Joy says:

Hi Jason ,

I just joined

• Mark M says:

Hello Jason,
    It was refreshing to see someone just pointing out that yes you can make a living online and it not be a scam

• Leonardo says:

How can I apply to get in?

• Jeff says:

thank you for posting the review,i am looking for a legitimate work from home job,i have an injury that precludes me from my old job, thanks again
    jeff

• mm Jason says:

Hey Jeff, I am sorry to hear about the injury.

You can search for work at home jobs using sites like Glassdoor.com, Monster.com, or Indeed.com. There’s also the option of earning online through your own business, which is what we focus on here at Extra Paycheck Online.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this message or email me.

• Jeannine says:

I’m glad that you shared your review about Countdown to Profits. I’ll tell you what aroused my suspicions. Each testimonial that is there, I searched their names on facebook and none of them exists as them particular people but the name exists as there are people with the same name. I believe that if these people existed, that the would have been made available to contact with permission. Anything to comfort a new prospect buyer!
    I’ve learned my lesson from the past to do deep investigation on ideas and offers before buying. Thanks again for sharing.

• mm Jason says:

My pleasure, Jeannine. It’s a good practice to always do your research prior to getting involved with programs. It’s OK for buyers to ask questions and inform themselves, as you are doing already.

• Sean Squires says:

I’m a felon, and am having a helluva time at getting a job. I was locked up for 19 years and have now been out for a little over 7 months. So as you can imagine my ability to fall into scams are amazing. But if your being honest about this one I just read I appreciate it cause I certainly don’t have the cash to just give to some rich fat dude!!!

• Rene Wilson says:

Thank you very much! I had already put my credit card information down and then I thought to myself what makes you think this is any different than other scams you have fallen for?? I read the policy and terms and went no farther! Went to Google and happily found you! I recently got out of a very abusive relationship, went from having a successful Massage Therapy business to starting over. Dealing with PTSD made it difficult to go back to working in a spa for someone else while I rebuilt my own practice. It’s been two years now and I’m finally getting my life back and instead of being a shamed of where my life went to being proud of getting myself and my little boy out of. With the help of medication and seeking help from others, no longer on the meds and feeling stronger every day. I have opened my own Massage Therapy Spa, a business such as this takes time to rebuild. It will as long as I put in the work every single day, I’m not afraid of hard work and putting in the time. My dream is to build an online business that I can work when not helping others relax and relieve pain. I’m hoping that my experience, knowledge and passion for helping others achieve a higher since of well-being along with the knowledge of countless products for Self -Therapy, skin care , etc. some that are great and others that are a total waste of money . I could start my own online business , searching for the know how and guidance brought me to you! I will go to all the tools to do so with the understanding of the work and consistency along with patients I to will be successful and a financially independent women! Sorry for all the background info. May be helpful to one other women with similarities that there is a way if you really want it! Please any advice you have I’m grateful to have. God bless any many years of continued success to you! G Rene Wilson LMT.

Hi Rene, you’re welcome!

I’m glad to hear you are working to put you and your son in a better/more comfortable position. We all go through different hardships, they are what make us who we are today.

You’re clearly interested in creating an online business and have a clear understanding of what it takes to build a business. The process is not (super fast & easy) because you’re on the internet – a lot of websites, such as Countdown To Profits, make it seem that way.

But it can be done. Some other good news is that you can reach out and help a lot of people by way of the internet. It’s also much cheaper than starting a business the ‘traditonal’ way.

I have put together a page that I think may help give you some direction to starting an online business and to help you explore your options.

Read: Your 6 Best Options For Starting An Online Business.

If you have any questions, let me know 🙂

– Jason

• Blanky Bradshaw says:

I just went and put my credit card and to my surprise, the credit card lender called me because instead of one charge your company put through 2 charges, one of them was not authorized by me. This is the same scam as all other offers, never say that they will be a second and a third charge in order to enhance the program. I want your company to cancel immediately this membership and reimburse the charges you have put through my credit card. I do regret having done this. Your presentation sounds like a cheap timeshare presentation and the lack of information about the complete program is disgusting. Your immediate attention, cancellation of this membership, refund of charges made to my credit card and confirmation on all of the above is hereby requested.

• mm Jason says:

Blanky, you will need to contact Countdown To Profits on their website for a refund.

This is a review for the Countdown To Profits system, and in that review, I clearly state I do not recommend it. This website is strictly free information and does not deal with any credit cards/transactions of any sort.

I hope you are able to get this sorted out. Again, contact Countdown To Profits.

• Robert says:

I can’t believe how some people make their living taking advantage of those at the end of their rope. i certainly hope that people reading this article will arrive at the conclusion that there is not ONE person on the planet that offers to openly hand out money to undisclosed individuals unless that person stands to gain.

• Justin says:

Jason, in your screenshots highlighting the fake Facebook posts, am I the first to notice that BOTH Sarah and Barry were “yesterday at 2:17pm” and BOTH have 15 likes? How interesting…..and coincidental! 😉

• Anacecilia says:

I would like to know in countdowntoprofits is a scam?

• mm Jason says:

Hi Anacecilia, feel free to read the review above. You will find my honest input on Countdown To Profits.

You may also find statements regarding Countdown To Profits here in the comment section from others who have taken the time to share.

Hope this helps.

• Rupi says:

How do I join? Am stay at home mom looking for jobs. Where I can work from home and takecare of my child. Please help!

• mm Jason says:

Hi Rupi, I see you have already joined.

I’ve contacted you on your personal WA profile as well. Look forward to working with you. See you inside!

• Carlo says:

As I was listening to the countdown to profits video, the announcer never says what he is selling! I am only to figure out and provide blind trust and give him $97. If you think you are going to get rich quick then you are in for a rude awakening! Remember, if it sound’s to good to be true, then it’s probably is.

• mm Jason says:

That’s a great observation, Carlo. And is something that I too look for when viewing different programs.

If they don’t take the time to offer any examples or describe the kind of work to expect, there’s probably a good reason.

Thanks for sharing.

• Brandie says:

Hi, I am at my wits end with my terrible job. Have been at it for 5 years now and everyday is worse than the last. I am 32 years old and have never been able to move out of my parents house. I suffer from depression and have suicidal thoughts daily. If something doesn’t change I know I will kill myself one day. I need a job that allows me to be my own boss, and that allows me to work by myself (I’m beginning to seriously hate people) and set my own hours. I want to be in charge of myself instead of at the mercy of others. Do you know of any other ways to make a living online besides Wealthy Affiliate? I don’t know anything about opening or running my own business so I don’t think I would be able to do that. I wish I could but all of that would just be over my head. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me because I don’t know how much more I can take. You would LITERALLY be saving my life because I’m reaching the end of my rope and about to hang myself with it.

• mm Jason says:

In my opinion, the best way to earn a consistent income online is by starting a business. The other option would be to find some online job. (You can search on websites like glassdoor.com or monster.com). We don’t keep up with who’s hiring and for what positions or their legitimacy. Be sure to do your due diligence before getting involved and working with a company over the internet.

When it comes to starting an online business, sure there’s a learning curve, but I am confident you have what it takes. If you choose to follow Wealthy Affiliate’s training or some other place that offers a form of business training. You could make it happen.

I haven’t shared this story on my website but I can relate to your situation. I walked away from a well paying job due to stress, anxiety, and I had been drinking way too much. Not to mention that I had to move back home as well with my two young kids. After 6 months, and no interest in working for someone else, I looked into ways in which people were able to earn from a website. This led me to WA.

It wasn’t a cake walk and it took several months, but I began earning a little money and then more than the previous month as time went on. I now have my own place again and this very website allows me to work from home full-time. On my own schedule.

If starting a business is just not for you, that’s fine 🙂

Why did I share that little background with you?

Well, I want you to know that it is possible to work for yourself from home. It takes effort, patience, and persistence. Secondly, I want you to know that you are not alone in whatever it is you are going through. Depression, anxiety, I’ve experienced this myself (for years) and know how unpleasant it can be.

There are some books I can recommend which might help if you are interested. I know they’ve helped me and also wanted to throw in that I haven’t had a drink in almost 3 years!

Things can get better 🙂

• Lori says:

Thanks, Jason! I love that the Internet also gives me the ability to check out others’ opinions, although it is still difficult to find truth. Unfortunately, I already signed up 🙁 It led me to a website with 21 steps, which you are not even able to complete without giving them more money! Looking into getting a refund, if that is even possible.

• mm Jason says:

Yes, these steps often involve more costs, ($1000s of dollars).

In order to obtain the $500 guarantee, one must complete all of these steps.

My only wish is that sites like Countdown To Profits would be more transparent with people prior to signing up – to include actual cost and what type of work one can expect in order to succeed. They would be far better off in my opinion.

Hope you’re able to get this sorted out, Lori!

• Gissel says:

What I don’t understand is “Why are these ads still running? I would think with the technology today, this could be stopped. I have to admit his ads sure do get the clicks out of me, they are so luring. Knowing that he collecting money and getting away with it irks me.

• mm Jason says:

I can understand why this urks you, Giselle.

As far as these websites still being in existence, there’s not too much that can be done from preventing them from ‘popping up’.

The best route is to do what you did, search for legitimate reviews of the product and also to use common sense.

If it sounds to good to be true (“we’re going to GIVE you $500”, “make 5 figures in 30 days”), then it probably is.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts 🙂

• Linda Regan says:

Thanks I needed that information. I figured 97 was not much to lose if it was a scam.

• Ted says:

Jason. Thank you for the information. I have checked on several of these too good to be true offers and after doing a bit of research found that not one of them had anything real to back them up. Fortunately we have the resources and good sense to research and recognize when something just does not add up.
    Everything comes at a cost and added expenses and upsell for other products and services. It just never ends.
    Hopefully others do not fall for these false promises and waste thier time and resources.
    Regards. Ted

• Jessica says:

Thanks for your review, I had suspected it was to good to be true. I’ve been looking for a stay at home job for awhile now. I’m home due to my mother being very sick, so I had no choice but to quit my job, although I hope to never have to go back to a 9-5 job. In the meantime I still need more money than I getting for taking care of my mothet. I hope soon I can find a legitimate job online. I’m glad I looked this name up. Thank you again. It’s much appreciated.

• Yajaira says:

will WA help me with trying to become a personal virtual assistant? I want to work from home but taking that plunge is scary. I have a family that depends on an income from a job I don’t hate but am getting to the point where I am feeling drained. I also work somewhere that makes me feel unappreciated despite give 110% all the time and being the best employee/leader there. If I leave I don’t want to work for someone else and start over in the sense of pay. I want to be able to utilise my years of experience instead of climbing up the latter all over again.

• mm Jason says:

I can completely relate when it comes to feeling underappreciated at a job. It’s part of the reason I left my last job back in 2014.

On a brighter note, I found Wealthy Affiliate while looking for a new job but haven’t had to work another job since. I will add it took several months before earning anything, but the training eventually allowed me to work from home – full time.

Now, for virtual assistant positions, I would consider joining freelance websites like TaskRabbit or Upwork. You could find more immediate work through these sites, but the work may not be consistent until you build up your profile within them.

You can also see our recent post for legitimate companies who hire at home positions to see if they’re hiring in your area.